1.What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is the body because the amount of insulin secreted by the pancreas is
not normal, or dysfunction of the body caused by carbohydrates, protein and fat metabolic
2. What is normal blood sugar?
Blood glucose (mg / dL) fasting 2 hours after meals
Well-controlled diabetes 80 - 120 80 – 160
3.Diabetes causes of morbidity
The real causes of diabetes morbidity not only been a single problem, but with genetic,
autoimmune, viruses, obesity, malnutrition, pregnancy, emotional stress, drug effects on the
occurrence of diabetes.
4. Diabetes Type
(1) Type I diabetes: insulin secretion even in very small amounts, mostly occurs in young people
under the age of 30
(2) type II diabetes: insulin secretion abnormalities or not functioning well and the majority of
diabetic patients in this category.
(3) gestational diabetes: pregnancy induced diabetes.
(4) Other types, including endocrine disorders, drugs and genetic diseases.
5. Diabetes What are the symptoms?
(1) More than three symptoms: eat more, drink, urine and more or Diabetes Disease
(2) Easy to burnout
(3) Weight loss
(4) Blurred vision
6. How to control diabetes?
Daily monitoring of blood glucose (FPG <120mg/dl, postprandial 2 hours 80-160mg/dl), control
of glycated hemoglobin7%. Control are divided into the following categories:
(1) Diet control (to avoid obesity, weight control)
(2) Exercise therapy
(3) Drug therapy
7. Diabetes-related complications
Acute complications - diabetic ketoacidosis, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia,
Chronic complications - Eye disease (retinopathy, cataract, glaucoma, etc.)
Kidney disease (edema, proteinuria, increased blood pressure)
Neuropathy (peripheral neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy)
Cardiovascular disease (hypertension and stroke)
8. Diabetes can cure it?
In the context of the current medicine, both Chinese and Western medicine or other
remedies can not completely cure diabetes, but only mild diabetes by diet and exercise to
control blood sugar, to achieve good control effect.